Simi Valley, California
- The essential purpose of this position is to move materials throughout the factory.
- Loads, unloads, and conveys both raw and finished materials and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving, planning, and stockroom.
- Opens boxes, crates, and containers using hand and power tools; counts, and weighs materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying, and recording information.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, and machines by hand, fork truck, and palletjacks.
- Functions as a liaison between manufacturing, shipping/receiving, and stockroom to keep material moving throughout the warehouse.
- Receives, processes, adjusts and labels incoming materials, and places materials in appropriate stockroom locations.
- Identifies, maintains, and follows up with internal customers regarding material shortages.
- Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties.
- Performs project closures, processing of cycle counts, and “loan of part” requests.
- Prepares finished goods for shipment. Verifies receipt and shipment of materials and manufactured products; performs material handling and in-house delivery services.
- Loads and unloads trucks by hand, with forklifts, and/or pallet jacks.
- Pulls kits according to work orders received from the Production Planning Department and distributes accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.Education and Experience:o HS Diploma/GED required.o Knowledge of ESD handling is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred with emphasis in shipping/receiving and inventory control departments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with all departments.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Must have the ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, banding tools, stretch wrapper, and common power and hand tools.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment working independently with little or no direction