This position is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting support tasks in the Finance department. This role is a support role dealing largely with customers who are other internal employees. Only those applicants with demonstrated previous experience in finance or accounting will be considered.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: |
- Review financial actuals monthly and prepare reports to summarize results.
- Record journal entries and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supply documentation to auditors based on the auditor’s request list.
- Analyze financial data for weekly reporting of expenses related to new business pursuits.
- Assign charge numbers used by programs to ensure costs are collected on the appropriate contract.
- Set up service orders which allow for Waco employees to work on programs located at other divisions.
- Investigate labor charging by employees when the employee has not assigned a specific cost center to ensure that all hours are collected under the appropriate contract.
- Review travel expenses recorded by employees on direct programs to confirm that appropriate charging.
- Other accounting and administrative tasks will also be required.
- Sound/good judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong customer service approach
- Self-directed, assertive, with a positive attitude
- Careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Detailed planning, organizational and time management skills
- Desire to anticipate needs to successfully support internal customers and the business
- Collaborative approach with co-workers,
- Able to be a resource and a team player
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years of experience accounting or finance.
- Advanced skills with MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills