Salt Lake City, Utah
Primary Purpose of the Role is assemble, set up, test, and prepare product for shipment to customer in a manufacturing environment. This position includes and is not limited to sub-assemblies, finished product and warranty replacement parts. The technician will be using hand tools, powered tools, fork lifts, and computer technologies. When necessary, the technician will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, particularly on the Inventory Control side.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
- Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Latest versions of documents are available on the intranet. Check revision of hardcopy documents before use.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- Help prepare all finished products for shipment; clean package and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly.
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
- Lift 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.• Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, fork truck, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
- Experience with computer software setup calibration and troubleshooting.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 2+ years Production experience.
- Basic Computer setup calibration and troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- 1+ years of Fork lift operator experience.