San Diego, California
- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship's propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains ship's fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators and valves.
- Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications.
- Installs and tests various shop equipment.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written instructions/ technical manuals.
- Must read have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must be capable assembling/ installing complex mechanical systems, while meeting alignment criteria of systems and equipment.
- Proficient in use of precision measurement tools.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Minimum two years of experience in a related field
- Must understand both Imperial and Metric measuring systems.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and portable machining tools.