San Diego, California
- Be able to plan and complete work with little supervision using blueprints.
- Be knowledgeable in layout or plates, pipes and structural shapes, including flat layouts and complex layouts involving projection and compound angles.
- Be knowledgeable of ship related nomenclature and be able to locate structures in relationship to frames, longitudinal stringers, centerlines, etc.
- Know weld symbols and how they apply to material preparation for welding.
- Skills should include tack welding, burning, use of various power tools such as shears, saws, presses, etc.
- Must be capable of making templates as needed for fabrications and/or installation of ship structures.
- Must be capable of assembling foundations, deck houses, and specialized structures for all areas of the ship.
- Must know the guide lines of 5 S and be aware of the standard items.
- Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Weekend work and/or extended hours may be required.
- Must be able to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment background and drug screen.