- Must be certified as a competent person.
- Must be able to identify, fill out and post appropriate CP log.
- Must be a qualified staging competent person.
- Must be able to read and understand a marine chemist certification.
- Must be able to perform CP/confined space/enclosed space checks and complete CP log.
- Must assist with tank opening and closing, as well as tank closing checkpoints/G points.
- Must understand the requirements of cleanliness levels.
- Must have good housekeeping skills.
- Must be able to identify safety hazards.
- Must have knowledge of hot work requirements, rules and regulations.
- Must be familiar with applicable NAVSEA Standard Items and OSHA standards.
- Must know how to use and take care of hand tools.
- Must be WAF trained.
- Must be able to perform their job safely.
- Must know what P.P.E. to use and when.
- Must be able to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation.
- Must understand ship nomenclature.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.
- Must have your own reliable transportation.
- Must have active, non-expired certification.