- Perform inspections on incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
- Capable and familiar using a CMM on complex machine parts.
- Weld inspection per AWS.
- Conducting of source inspections at vendor facilities.
- Insure that product is manufactured to the latest applicable configuration documentation.
- Prepare and review data submittal packages for end item deliverables.
- Prepare Deficiency Reports (DRs) for hardware, software, and documentation issues.
- Maintain, control and process non-conforming material.
- Assist in defect tracking and evaluation process, including trend evaluation to reduce recurrences.
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CARs) for vendor quality rejections.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000, and Procedure Development.
- Assist in coordination of failure analysis efforts.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Detect drawing errors and referring these and other unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Observing all safety regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and inspection methods for electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to record accurate Inspection data and write a concise report of findings.
- Good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring instruments (CCM, optical comparator, dial calipers, micrometers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Ability to conduct solder inspection utilizing microscope magnification.
- Basic understanding of mechanical machining, fabricating, plating and assembly processes.
- Basic understanding of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Comprehensive understanding of SMT PWA technology.
- Ability to adapt to various job assignments with minimal direction/supervision.
- Familiar with IPC, ASTM, and Military Standards.
- ISO 9001/AS9100;D implementation experience a plus.
Education, Certifications, and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of mechanical inspection in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- ISO 9000 Lead Assessor and Implementation certification and experience a plus.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Active Security clearance preferred