Payroll Rep IV
Payroll Rep IV
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Must be able to work from the greater Charlotte NC metro area.
- This position reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Manager, Payroll Preparation and Processing.
- The position is responsible for payroll data entry and validation tasks.
- The position will collect and process labor, travel, and enterprise files, load all information into PeopleSoft Payroll, and validate gross to net payroll calculations are accurate and error free.
- The role will perform entry of supplemental earnings and deductions into web-based payroll data entry tools (e.g. Web Payroll Interface), following set payroll input processes to ensure entries are approved and appropriate.
- The position is responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure the creation of payroll information is accurate and complete.
- The position will interface with various groups within the FSS including Time Collection, Travel and Expense, and Payroll Processing.
- Performs day-to-day activities related to the data entry and validation of payroll for employees in BAE Systems, Inc.
- Executes processes via an automated scheduler which loads on-cycle payroll information including labor (time collection), travel and expense, and other enterprise files.
- Calculates and enters supplemental earnings transactions (e.g. military differentials, PTO sell, etc.) and deductions (e.g. employee repayments) to ensure complete and accurate gross to net payroll can be developed.
- Supports any incoming requests to perform any off-cycle payroll processing, as required.
- Reviews and validates payroll prior to any payroll run or disbursement, to ensure payroll is complete and accurate across the organization.
- Troubleshoots issues in conjunction with Payroll Processing team. Assist with Payroll Testing during implementation projects.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- 2 years related experience Familiarity with payroll functions and processes.
- Familiarity enterprise-wide payroll software Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Strong process and systems skills 'Proficiency with numbers and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Able to articulate complex subject matter effectively.
- Able to anticipate problems and respond accordingly.
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Payroll.
- Familiarity with federal and state wage and tax laws.
- Payroll certifications (including FPC or CPP) preferred.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Must have High School Diploma
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree in relevant field in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematical studies