Shipyard Office Manager Job Description:
- Performs secretarial and administrative support duties in accordance with established procedures, instructions, and work routines.
- Performs data input, extraction, analysis, and development in support of departmental functions.
- Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years directly related experience, or six (6) years directly related experience. Experience in a shipyard environment preferred.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent typing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Able to develop and present metrics.
- Must have good speaking and listening skills.
- Able to work with some supervision.
- Must be organized and use time wisely.
- Customer-service driven.
- Perform general administrative tasks, including but not limited to managing office supplies and equipment, answering multiple phone lines, and overseeing the daily flow of mail, correspondence, and filing needs.
- Prepare, analyze, and input data.
- Prepare agendas, reports, and presentations, including updating weekly metrics and status reports.
- Acts as liaison with other locations.
- Able to coordinate the activities of and provide support to Branch Manager and management team.
- Able to arrange, participate in, and implement as directed conferences and meetings.
- Coordinate department schedules, travel, conferences, meetings, and activities.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.