- Responsible for procurement of semi complex high-dollar, Subcontractor services and materials which may have long lead times, and other procurements as assigned.
- Assist in planning and coordinating facility surveys to determine Subcontractor’s ability to perform repair work. Obtain reviews, concurrence, and approvals as required by the Purchasing Manual.
- Validate subcontracts and rental requisitions against contract and project specifications with in-depth technical understanding of the statement of work and required subcontractor or leasing company qualifications.
- Ensure subcontract agreements clearly specify all pertinent technical requirements and invoke all relevant contract clauses, terms, and conditions.
- Perform price analysis and negotiation of subcontractor and leasing company proposals.
- Maintain exceptionally close liaison between Subcontractors, Suppliers and Program Managers, and Material Control for resolution of performance problems, and to ensure timely receipt of a satisfactory product/services.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years’ directly related experience, or six (6) years’ directly related experience.
- A ship repair approach, organization, procedures and material requirements.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Contract law principles and their application to ship repair environment.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure of time deadlines.
- Health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Negotiating semi-complex, high-dollar, and/or custom Subcontractor service and material procurements.
- Maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Document preparation including special reports and presentations.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent business math and verbal and written communication skills.