San Diego, California
- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship’s propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems.Installs, repairs, and maintains ship’s fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators and valves.
- Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications.
- Installs and tests various shop equipment.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written instructions/ technical manuals.
- Must read have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must be capable assembling/ installing complex mechanical systems, while meeting alignment criteria of systems and equipment.
- Proficient in use of precision measurement tools.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years of experience in a related field, or graduate of a Diesel or Aircraft Mechanic training school, or three years in any of the following Navy ratings: MM (BT), AD, CM, EN, GS, HT, or MR.
- Must comprehend written and verbal instructions (in English).
- Must be able to hear warning signals, read and comprehend safety instructions, regulations and warnings.
- Must understand both Imperial and Metric measuring systems.
- Must have shop mathematic skills, with understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and work with decimals and fractions.
- Must maintain constant safety awareness.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and portable machining tools.
- Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to the trade.