Newport News, Virginia
- Four years of naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
- Single Pass Tack Welding.
- Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns.