- Performs varied to complex duties in support of naval architecture and engineering services. Accountable for the Naval Architecture content and direction of assigned projects.
- Accountable for compliance with the specifications, regulatory requirements, and standard practices
- Familiar with and can use NASTRANS or ANSYS finite element analysis
- Familiar with and can use GHS software
- Responsible for responding to and resolving owner comments and regulatory body comments and issues
- Provides Naval Architecture guidance and technical assistance as required
- Experience with dry docks
- Accountable and responsible for providing Naval Architecture calculations
- Responsible for sketches, preliminary lay outs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ample experience in records maintenance, preferably in an engineering/drafting environment; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of naval architecture and engineering principles and methodology.
- Experience in Naval Architecture, shipbuilding, and production processes.