Newport News, Virginia
- Operates CNC machines, lathes, milling machines, drill press, surface grinding, blueprint reading. Must be able to machine threads and cut tapered shafts and fitted bolts.
- Perform complex operations on many kinds of machine tools, including drill presses, lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and precision grinding machines.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Performs machine set-ups without supervision.
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard/shop as an inside machinist.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of general hand tools as well as those common to an Inside Machine Shop (lathes, milling machines, drill/hydraulic presses, grinders).
- Must have experience fabricating large parts.
- Must be familiar with the use of precision measuring instruments: outside/inside micrometers, depth mics, venires, etc.
- Ability to comprehend complex mechanical drawings, blueprints, instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must have manual machine operation experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.