The Area Manager is responsible for the management of multiple work items from the time the Project is being developed during the Planning Phase up until the final milestone is met, the availability is complete, and the ship is successfully delivered back to the customer. The Area Manager will perform in a professional position requiring knowledge of both Combatant and Non Combatant vessels. Within defined objectives, the Area Manager is responsible for managing multiple non-complex work items, providing status on work item schedule and cost impacts. They are responsible for coordinating all subcontractor and organic trade activities to ensure schedule objectives are accomplished. Area Managers perform as a representative of our Company and act as the point of contact for assigned work items to our customers.
POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training)
Typically has a BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or a related academic field or AA/AS plus 2 years directly related experience or 6 years directly related experience.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Preferred minimum of six (6) years of shipboard repair experience within a Public or Private shipyard (Prior military experience with the US Navy in an engineering or directly related field would qualify).
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience managing technical personnel within complex activities or shipboard availabilities.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point while being able to navigate in the computer server environment.
- Experience of working within a “Cost Type” or “Fixed Type” Contract is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with reliable, insurable transportation and willing to carry a “business” rider if necessary while using this vehicle when accomplishing company business activities.
- Able to gain access to Government facilities, and able to obtain a Security clearance
- Able to work nights and weekends during peak workloads or as requested by Senior Management. Must be willing to travel and manage ship repair availabilities in remote, out-of-state locations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- including a respirator.
- Must be DBIDS eligible