- Supervise and Teach Subordinates in various Welding and Fitting Techniques.
- Direct Supervision of Craft Personnel, including manning, timekeeping, task cards, Safety, Time Cards, Discipline, coordinating all tasks within scope of work.
- Identifies the training and qualifications required to achieve the best mix of capabilities of employees; coordinates training and testing with Training Dept.
- Trains personnel on safety requirements; maintains a safe work environment and enforces safe work and environmental compliance practices on the job.
- Ensures quality of all work meets or exceeds Code requirements as defined in job drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ensures the correct application of Fitting and Welding procedures, materials, personnel and equipment as defined in job drawings, specifications, and procedures is available and or being used.
- Ensures all equipment is working properly and is available to achieve work scope.
- Enforces compliance with consumable storage and issue/control/traceability requirements as defined in job drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ensures safety equipment (PPE, harnesses, scaffolding, etc.) is sufficient, adequate, and maintained for the job and that all workers and site visitors are using required PPE and safety equipment.
- Performs quality checks of all in-process work so it meets specifications as defined in job drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ensures that all welding/fitting accomplished under his/her supervision meets specified requirements and workmanship standards BEFORE QC/QA inspection is initiated by monitoring work while in process and checking once complete.
- Prepare time or job cards, reports, or records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive, broad knowledge of welding techniques, tools, machines and equipment.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade.
- Must be able to work effectively with others; training and supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient reading all types of blueprints and weld symbols, drawing dimensions/ tolerances, complex shapes and weld joints; build plans, sequencing, welding tools, jigs & fixtures, platforms/staging and work instructions to control distortion, reduce welder fatigue and improve quality-adjusted productivity.
- Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Out-look) preferred.
- Enter and move through manholes, climb ladders, or both to reach and work inside confined spaces.
- Hands on experience with heavy metal/steel welding and fitting procedures.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills.
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions and give instructions.
- Experienced with performing visual inspections of welds and fit-ups or AWS CWI/ASNT Level I VT certified (preferred).
- Familiar with different forms of weld NDT and how specified NDT impacts selection and execution of weld processes.
- Must pass J-1 vision test and respirator fit test.
The following tools are expected to be part of the Structural Supervisor’s, employee-provided and maintained toolbox:
- Wire brush
- Needle nose pliers
- Bridge Cam Gauge
- Flash Light
- Crescent wrenches
- Alan wrenches
- Chipping hammer
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K, company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Legal Services
- Annual performance evaluations
- On-site Human Resources
- On-site gym
- Free and close proximity parking
- Employee perks/gifts and more
Position compensation is based on experience.