- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints (PDF or AutoCAD) and produce a Work Breakdown Structure, estimate based onlevel of effort, produce a schedule, coordinate rental and subcontracting vendors pricing and scope of work.
- Able to meet completion deadlines.
- Develop a complete and concise labor hour and material dollar estimate that meets the requirements of the specification, drawing or work scope.
- Ability to identify all the trades required to accomplish the work and develop a detail by trade of the hours required to accomplish the work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Must be able to read and interpret specifications, understand and read drawings and blue prints and understand the contract requirements and schedule constraints.
- Will work with the planners and material and subcontractor groups to obtain the most competitive pricing for submittal.
- College degree in a technical or managerial discipline.
- 10 years' experience either in new construction. Experience in a shipyard or on a ship as an officer, port engineer or repair supervisor or 5 years as a construction supervisor for large (over $1.0 mil each) projects, also considered.
- Proven track record in recent similar role, particularly in completing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Project (and/or Primevara), PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word. Must be proficient in the use of Excel to develop detailed labor hour estimates.
- Excellent written and communications skills (please submit samples of recent correspondence you have authored).
- Willingness to be flexible and work with people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Meet bid deadline goals.
- Familiarity with Cost and Schedule Performance metrics including ACWP, BCWP and BCWS concepts and the Cost Performance Index and the Schedule Performance Index.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Legal Services.
- Annual performance evaluation.
- On-site Human Resources.
- On-site gym.
- Free and close proximity parking.
- Employee perks/gifts and more.
Position compensation is based on experience