San Diego, California
- Must be able to weld Aluminum.
- Gap plate test in G2 through G4 positions.
- Welders must show they can confidently set up welding rigs.
- Flux core test, core pass and layers.
- Must show they can start and stop weld path.
- Must take a ceramic back tape test and weld simulation.
- Fillet welds in G2 to G4 as well as a water tight collar with a tight radius.
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
- Lays out and marks points on parts or sub assemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
- Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- 5+ years of shipyard experience required.
- Must be able to pass a preemployment background check and drug test.
- Must be DBIDs eligible.