Training Rep II
Training Rep II
Newport News, Virginia
- Candidate must have previous experience in a training role supporting industrial and/or manufacturing environments.
- Candidate must have ability to conduct various training courses to include, but not limited to: Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock out-Tag out),
- Hazardous Waste Control, Forklift Practical training, Fall Protection, Fall Protection Inspection, Bloodborne Pathogens, Crane Operations Torch Operations, Aerial boom lift (JLG) and other mobile equipment.
- Must have ability to update training materials to reflect current OSHA regulations and changes to company procedures, as well as apply knowledge shared in training courses to practical applications on the shop floor.
- Candidate must have proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must have professional level communications skills (written and verbal) to effectively facilitate training courses and report to upper management when necessary.
- In addition to training, position will perform safety observations and safety enforcement.
- Candidate will be heavily involved in the safety program and will also be responsible for other aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety that include, but not limited to: Procedure update and review, Environmental Compliance, and Process Improvement.Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel.
- Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
- Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
- May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs.
- May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience.
- Master’s Degree and 1 year of experience.
- 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.