- Assist with the removal, overhaul and replacement of engine components, sea valves, waster pieces, various pumps, various valves and other shipboard equipment.
- Handles the removal of shipboard interferences, such as piping, vent ducts, vent motors, air conditioners and laundry equipment.
- Helps with the rebuilding of pumps, valves and other equipment.
- Responsible for setting up, preparing and clean-up for jobs.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must have Shipyard experience with maintenance requirements of department equipment.
- Must be all to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required.
- Familiar with general Navy standard items.
- Knowledgeable with proper demobilization requirements at shifts end.
- Knowledgeable with correct application and use of measuring devices, such as inside and outside micrometers, dial indicators, torque wrenches, feeler gauges, strain gauges and calipers.
- Ability to identify types of gaskets, O-rings, packing and sealers.
- Ability to remove and reinstall sea valves, sea strainers and waster pieces.
- Ability to disassemble, overhaul, reassemble and test various valve types.
- Assist with removal and reinstallation of propellers, rudders and shafting.
- Assist with chocking of foundations, removal, tapping and reinstallation of broken bolts.
- Knowledgeable with drill sizes for tapping.
- Work will be in the shop.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in the trade to qualify.
- Must be a US or Naturalized citizen.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.