San Diego, California
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of welding standards, such as Tech-Pub-278, Tech-Pub-248, MIL-STD-1689 and proper joint designs IAW MIL-STD-22D.
- GTAW CuNi experience is required.
- Have the ability to weld all types of materials, to tig and stick, weld plate, pipe including piping joints such as sockets, butts,E.B rings, backing rings and open butts.
- Have experience with various metals such as cuni, monel, stainless steel, alum and carbon steel/cromoly.
- Be able to set up and operate welding machines such as SYNCHROWAVE 250 and POWCON ST-300.
- Be able to trouble shoot problems with tig lines and machines.
- Be able to weld with the use of a mag-base mirror for tig and stick.
- Have the ability to utilize Metro PCP 912-04 for P-I piping.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Welder in a shipyard.
- Must be eligible for DBIDS badge and OSHA.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test.