- Solicit, negotiate, award and administer subcontracts for goods and services pursuant to requirements of prime contracts, Government and commercial ship repair programs, and internal requirements, including but not limited to the Outline of Authority to Act. Major efforts are on high-dollar and labor-intensive subcontracts.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Contract law principles and their application to ship repair environment.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure of time deadlines.
- Negotiating semi-complex, high-dollar, and/or custom Subcontractor service and Material procurements.
- Maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Document preparation including special reports and presentations.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent business math and verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for procurement of semi complex high-dollar, Subcontractor services and materials which may have long lead times, and other procurements as assigned.
- Assist in planning and coordinating facility surveys to determine Subcontractor’s ability to perform repair work.
- Obtain reviews, concurrence, and approvals as required by the Purchasing Manual.C.
- Validate subcontracts and rental requisitions against contract and project specifications with in-depth technical understanding of the statement of work and required subcontractor or leasing company qualifications.
- Ensure subcontract agreements clearly specify all pertinent technical requirements and invoke all relevant contract clauses, terms, and conditions.
- Perform price analysis and negotiation of subcontractor and leasing company proposals.
- Maintain exceptionally close liaison between Subcontractors, Suppliers and Program Managers, and Material Control for resolution of performance problems, and to ensure timely receipt of a satisfactory product/services.
- Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years’ directly related experience, or six (6) years’ directly related experience..