- Assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman.
- In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting and in others the worker is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
- Must be familiar with NAVSEA drawings and some knowledge/capability of multiple trades (Structural/Electrical, etc).
- Must be familiar with cable removal; cable installation; MCT's (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting
- Must have experience using basic hand tools such as sawsalls, drills; grinders; etc.
- Candidates are required to have personal tools such as: 9/16" wrenches, 7/16 wrench, 8" crescent wrench, tin snips, needle nose pliers, channel locks, screw drivers, gloves, etc.
- Transports materials; tools; and equipment to and within work sites as required.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to obtain DBIDS badge for access to Naval Bases and Facilities.
- Must be a US Citizen, submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check.