San Diego, California
- Provide support within the Facilities Services Department as required, reporting directly to the Site Facilities Manager.
- Support includes field work functions such as performing general work order requests, modular furniture reconfiguration, warehouse management and inventory, mounting boards/pictures/TV's, employee and equipment moves across campus and to other sites within San Diego, setting up furniture and audio/visual equipment for special events, driving a forklift and box truck, site walks to determine/document existing conditions, supervising and escorting contractors, and overall support of construction projects of various sizes and types
- Support needed also includes office functions such as managing documentation, coordinating contractor badge requests, status updates/reporting, arranging/facilitating meetings, gathering requirements from requestors, coordinating and scheduling work to be performed using both in house labor and contractors, coordination with Programs/IT/Security Departments, review of drawings and specifications, creating and updating project schedules, writing statements of work, and any other administrative support for projects of various sizes and types.
- Must be able to work late, on off Fridays, or overtime, as needed to meet deadlines and perform work not able to be done during normal business hours
- Must be able to work in a team environment, both to support Project Managers on medium to large sized projects, as well as part of a crew or as the lead on small projects and repairs
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills are required for frequent coordination with internal customers/requestors/collaborators, as well as outside vendors and contractors
- Must be a self-starter with a track record successful task completion with minimal supervision and direction
- Must have some hands on experience with Facilities, Construction, and/or Building Maintenance
- Must be able to obtain certifications required to drive forklifts and box trucks within 60 days
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be capable of walking across a 25 acre campus on a regular basis