- Have a working knowledge and understanding of technical publications and drawings.
- Troubleshoot and repair or install equipment using routine mechanical knowledge in conjunction with technical information and diagrams.
- Understand the use of electrical test instruments such as multimeters, amp-meter, frequency meter, phase rotation meter and megometer.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of all common shop and hand tools.
- Be able to work with very little supervision.
- Perform duties required to prepare the drydock for docking evolution, to include the fabrication, preparation and assembly of the drydock blocks.
- Perform dry-docking evolution duties such as switchboard watch and operation of other equipment as necessary.
- Perform drydock watch duties in accordance with the drydock operational procedures and other instructions.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.