San Diego, California
- Must have 5XXX Aluminum experience
- Weld together metal components of products, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding producers, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or think scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Weld completion in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal.
- Clean or degrease weld joint or work piece, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath.
- May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- Set up and operate welding equipment and select proper electrodes according to metals to be joined or as instructed.
- Preform grinding and joint preparation for NDT processes.
- Burning, washing, edge prepping using hand and automated equipment.
- Flux cored inner shield and dual shield welding along with oxy-acetylene torching, air-arc, weld-wire gas, stick and pipe flange.
- Construct or repair metal products by joining parts either manual (using a variety of welding methods including electric arc, MIG and TIG welding or oxy-acetylene welding) or by machine.
- Read and understand the Chemist and Competent Persons reports and determine if job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and hot work.
- Preforms grinding and joint preparation for NDT processes.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and act upon instructions.
- Work independently to complete responsibilities.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance.
- Must have 5+ years of shipyard experience.
- Knowledge of welding techniques tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade.
- Must be able to work effectively with others.
- Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and template.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow simple instructions.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screening and background check.