- Looking for helpers who have mechanical experience 1yr shipyard experience required .
- Must be able to obtain DBIDS.
- Transport and set up tools, machinery, and fixtures to support machining operations.
- Perform machining operations using equipment such as; Portable milling machines, clamshell lathes, line boring systems, grinding machines, hydraulic tensioning systems, as well as various hand and power tools.
- Take measurements of machined features using precision measuring equipment.
- Performs mechanical assembly and disassembly of equipment using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Communicates with customers and government representatives to coordinate work onsite.
- Completes inspection and as-found condition reports for completed work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school level understanding of algebra and geometry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- A strong, proven interest in engineering and mechanical systems.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Basic background in machine tool setup and use.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.