Chula Vista, California
- Shall have basic knowledge and background in OSHA 1915, or 1926 or 1910.
- Works with employees at on safety issues and when employees request assistance on a variety of safety and risk/accident prevention concerns.
- Performs site and equipment inspections, required to assist in the completion of accident investigations, fire safety inspections.
- Perform safety surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Assists with on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Recommends actions for temporary work stoppages of closings of areas.
- Must be able to calibrate use and interpret air monitoring equipment.
- Must be able to conduct monthly inspection programs (fire extinguishers, hose testing, SCBA) and complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must be willing and able to extinguish live fires at the incipient stage.
- Must be able to work with other safety personnel, supervisor and managers and to take direction.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Must be able to operate the ships on board fire suppression systems as instructed.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing.
- Skilled in the basic standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields.
- Ability to work at all levels within and organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Must have or be able to obtain with-in 6 months from hire date to complete a medical first responder course
- Must have basic knowledge of LOTO, Hot Work and CSE procedures.
- Must have or be able to complete an OSHA and NFPA training so that they may be recognized as competent person for hot work inspections.
- Must have or be able to complete an OSHA training class so that they can be recognized as a competent person for confined space air monitoring.
- Must be able to work in close and confined spaces.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing and able to work nights and week-ends, Holidays and be in On Call Status.
- Must be calm, unemotional and in control when faced with angry or confrontational employees.