San Diego, California
- Coordinates and supports shipboard trades and subcontractors to meet production/test schedule requirements.
- Monitors and anticipates schedule and budget deviations, and initiates corrective action.
- Monitors trade activities and provides input to the General Foreman and Superintendent to initiate appropriate action.
- Verifies completion of production work for each phase of compartment.
- Develops work plans in areas of responsibility as required, working with trade supervision and training.
- Ensures area of responsibility is safe and clean at all times.
- Initiates resolution of conflicting trade/subcontractor priorities.
- Provides input to Planning regarding zone strategies and work developmental process.
- Provides appropriate feedback to Management, Superintendent, and Planning.
- Ensures material and equipment protection.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with Company Mission, Vision, Values and Principles.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent with good knowledge of trade responsibilities, ship systems, and shipbuilding practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team-building skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in implementing and monitoring continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, improve quality, reduce cycle time, and reduce costs.