- Must be able to comprehend instructions, and general correspondence.
- Must have a basic knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartments.
- Must be fire watch certified.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information verbally and in writing.
- Must have a basic knowledge of pipe fitting theory.
- Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Must have two (2) years of experience, working in maritime repair environment.