- Inspect and replace lights, Clean container, Open and close doors, Clean rust and prep welding areas, wash outs, replace mud flaps, inspect and replace crank handles, remove and replace tires, verify registration, remove nails from floor of container.
- Regularly accesses any area of equipment necessary to perform maintenance, to include inspecting and performing work in, on, or under parts of equipment.
- Completes repair orders and attendance records legibly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness and safety and compliance.
- Maintains proficiency on equipment and technologies to enhance quality of work and productivity.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 3-4 years of container/chassis/trailer repair experience.
- Knowledge of repairs including electrical, brake and air systems, suspension, landing gear, interior, doors, floors, body work, DOT inspections, PM inspections.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems.
- Annual vehicle and brake certification.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene and MIG. Welding certification preferred.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity including, but not limited to, lifting up to 100 lb., bending, kneeling, reaching, climbing, and working in awkward positions for extended periods of time.
- Must provide own hand and air tools.
- CDL and ASE certifications desired but not required.