Senior Navy Finance Analyst
Senior Navy Finance Analyst
Washington, District of Columbia
- PMS 339 site administrator for the NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS).
- Download and create weekly reports for staff.
- Provide customer interface for data used in the entry of Task Planning Sheets (TPS) and subsequent task modifications into the NEPS.
- This includes planning includes the development and execution of current TPS guidance introduction and implementation of the new NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS), the official planning system of record.
- PMS 339 ‘activity manager’ for deployment and implementation of the NEPS single enterprise-wise financial planning and negotiation tool. Act as the program authoritative point of contact for assisting in the education of the new financial database/system and for trouble shooting all database issues.
- Provide task monitoring of fiscal year allocation plans and execution reports.
- For external allocations and execution reports, this includes frequent face-to-face discussions and reviews with PMS 407/443 Class managers and financial analysts to ensure accuracy and update of requirements and/or allocations changes within the fiscal year.
- Develop and edit PowerPoint briefings on NEPS and financial data involving advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Participates in planning meetings with government and business partners.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- An Active Secret Clearance is required for employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus 5 to 7 years of directly related experience in technical program planning, administration, budgets, and development.o In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 9 years applicable work experience.
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data
- NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS) account and/or ability to learn new financial database/system
- Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) account and working level knowledge of the system
- Knowledge, Skills,
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience including PowerPoint and Excel skills required for this position.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Knowledge of DOD and USN Policies and Procedures, specifically including knowledge of the Navy Financial System and understanding of the requirements, planning and budget process is required
- Independent, Self-Starter Skills (does not require continual oversight or direction)
- Knowledge of government or other contracting environment relating to technical, scientific and analytical services, and identification of new business opportunities.
- Excellent time management, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.