- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, cable, equipment, and systems.
- Inspect and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Work from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Examines electrical system of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices like ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes to confirm compatibility and safety of system.
- Diagnoses faulty systems, apparatus or parts using equipment and hand tools to find the reason for a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a Marine Electrician.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must be able to use all electrical test equipment.
- Basic math skills and ability to use hand and power tools required.
- Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
- Ability to comprehend complex mechanical drawings and blueprints
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a life-time background check.
- Must have your own reliable transportation.
- Must be able to obtain access to Naval Bases with DBIDS