Material Planner II
Material Planner II
- Understand master production schedule, and communicate with internal/external supply chain organization for impacts to schedule.
- Plans and executes production control schedules and coordinates the internal/external supply chain material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials to meet on time line delivery requirements.
- Track material shortages for job orders, kitting, sub-assemblies based on bill-of-materials or drawings or configuration. Highlight to management critical part shortages that will jeopardize production schedule.
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirement.
- Create and release job orders based on bill-of-materials and configuration. Close work orders after sub-assemblies, assemblies and processing are complete.
- Maintain materials, parts and bill of materials, ensuring line side material setup supports efficient material flow and is aligned with current configuration.
- Prepare and publish Line Risk material status reports to various production lines.
- Update Work Orders based on Engineering Change Orders (ECOs.
- Transact daily replenishment orders in accordance with MRP for assigned production line. Collaborate with floor support engineering, quality control, technicians, programs, and operations supervision to assess material needs.
- Provides training support for Part Review Team (PRT) to determine disposition of nonconforming parts and make recommendation to prevent scrap.
- Process expedite shipment requests, as needed with purchasing.
- Manage data integrity of our MRP Material Data attributes and drive accountability to key performance indicators that measure MRP health.
- Establish, monitor, and verify MRP system parameters, including buffers, inventory levels by performing audits of line side material.
- Review, action, and follow-up exception messages in a promptly manner.
- Prepare and process documents such as release requests, shipping documents, material requests, move tags, etc..
- Ensure inventory is transferred to the floor and available for production prior to planned need date.
- Participate in Production change teams to communicate potential material cost and schedule impact of engineering changes orders (ECOs); with a focus on preventing new and reducing existing inventory obsolescence.
- Must have experience in creating metrics for production demands, tracking part shortages, open PO's, track due dates and inventory report.
- Coordinate and expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, according to manufacturing schedules or priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized record.
- Manage receipt and issue of depot hardware as well as managing inventory for depot repair.
- Reconcile monthly and annual cycle count.
- Support program screening and disposition effort associated with contract close out.
- Implement material related Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for all applicable Work Orders.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or business related disciplin or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Manufacturing/Production Operations, MRP, Materials Planning, Inventory Control and/or Supply Chain.
- Basic understanding of MRP fundamentals and ability to use metrics.
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious and motivated by gaining a broad exposure to all facets of the organization.
- Impeccable work ethic, flexible, hands-on and can adapt quickly.
- Sense of urgency and critical thinking.
- Ability to professionally communicate with stakeholders and customers at all levels.
- Comfortable in a results driven environment.
- Customer service focused, with willingness to own the customer experience.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel, Outlook) and basic proficiency with Power Point.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Strong self-motivator with excellent verbal/written communication skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and possess process improvement and problem resolution skills.
- US Citizenship is a requirement for employment.
- Experience in Defense, Aerospace, Combat Vehicle product development and/or manufacturing work environment.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a drug screen.