- The selected candidate will perform a variety of skilled mechanical duties involving deck machinery, engine room work, general dock, rudders, shafting, propeller work, and testing.
- The Mechanic will have general knowledge of equipment operation for assembly, installation and testing; records work performed and follows specified safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General Machinist Knowledge
- General Knowledge of Ship Systems
- Stationary and Portable Power Tool Operation
- Valve Overhaul
- Reach Rods/ Valve Operators
- Pump Overhaul
- Pump Alignments
- Deck Machinery
- Line Shaft Bearings
- Must be able have a current DBIDS card.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must have 5+ years experience in a shipyard environment.
- Must be able to open, inspect, overhaul, repair, scrap, align, operate and test various equipment onboard ships and in the shop.
- Perform other duties assigned.