Logistics Analyst I
Logistics Analyst I
- Analyzes and interprets complex government/customer solicitation documents for LMI programs with no guidance; develops or assists in development of cost proposals and subcontractor and internal specifications for development/documenting of LMI ensuring compliance with contract and customer specifications. Leads LMI activities for assigned programs/projects as directed by LMI manager.
- Organizes and distributes assignments that provide technical direction and guidance to, and reviews work of, subcontractors and/or teams of logistics analysts to develop and produce LMI for assigned projects and programs to ensure compliance with contract specifications and standards for assigned contracts.
- Reviews final LMI deliveries.
- Researches new or modified designs of a complex nature and establishes maintenance and operational concept alternatives to support equipment.
- Identifies and performs detailed task analysis for complex operation, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- Defines support requirements for system under analysis.
- Establishes program-specific guidelines for LMI data entry based on customer tailoring of requirements and military specifications.
- Documents research results using quantitative and qualitative measures for LMI in compliance with guidelines.
- Establishes program-specific guidelines for LMI style and format based on customer requirements and military specifications.
- Develops technically accurate operator and maintenance procedures for complex designs using LMI reports, engineering drawings and other technical source data in compliance with guidelines.
- Collaborates in the development of troubleshooting logic trees for complex systems and subsystems.
- Coordinate with appropriate project management to ensure accurate, appropriate and timely development of illustrations.
- Prepares the ILS master schedule under direction of ILS manager, synoptic outlines, validation/verification plans, Logistic Demonstrations/Maintenance Demonstration (LD/MD) plans, LSA Plans and Technical Manual Plans.
- Participates in logistics review boards, LSAR reviews, provisioning reviews, technical manual in-process reviews, LD/MD and validation/verification as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of government requirements and state-of-the-art techniques for military LMI; develops and recommends modifications to processes; responds to inquiries concerning LMI practices and procedures.
- Leads presentations for government and customer representatives and respond to inquiries about LMI activities.
- May direct the work of less senior personnel.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable Military Standards used for development of LMI data. Ability to read engineering drawing.
- Ability to define and/or forecast support requirements.
- Familiar with logistics design influence.
- Familiar with automated test equipment and fault isolation techniques.
- Skilled with computer software and tools for LMI related activites.
- Ability to plan and document using LSA/LSAR, the development, testing and deployment of logistics resources, as an integral part of the acquisition process.
- Able to conduct external/internal customer meetings, validations/verifications, log demos, LSA/LSAR reviews, in-process reviews, etc.
- Associate degree + 9 years of experience.
- Military experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.