ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Organizes, leads and trains personnel to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Ensure all safety regulations are being adhered to.
- Prepares cost estimate for labor and materials orders supplies, parts and equipment.
- Monitors employees work levels and reports findings to Supervisor.
- Able to formulate IDRs and submit for approval.
- Must perform final testing of installed equipment and provide reports.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience with at least 6 years in a supervisory role.
- Ability to read, listen to and understand ideas presented through spoken or written word.
- Ability to handle multiple task and stay organized.
- Ability to lead and train employees efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow detailed written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner.
- Able to work independently
- Teamwork orientation
- Proficient in reading blueprints, tech manuals and work specifications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their use, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in shipyard and marine practices, quality assurance and contractual responsibilities.
- Knowledge of planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordinating of people and resources.
- Must have excellent understanding of all trade responsibilities.
- Skill using various hand and power tools.
- Skill in determining proper sequence of planning, scheduling and production flow.
- Skill in leadership as working as a team leader.
- Skill in troubleshooting shipboard equipment.
- Effective problem solving along with string oral and written communication skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface with company personnel, customers and outside contacts.