- Ability to read and fabricate piping off blueprints with assistance.
- Ability to accomplish Piping modifications and new installations with experienced journeymen and supervision.
- Ability to learn all types of testing.
- Ablility to learn to bend and threading of piping.
- Set up all phases of Hot Work.
- Ability to Silver Braze.
- The position is active and requires extensive standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, crawling, climbing, and crouching.
- Along with such movements, employee is required to lift parts/machinery of up to 50 pounds.
- Additional demands are listed below:
- Able to climb ladders and work off scaffolding.
- Able to lift, carry, and or push up to 50lbs. throughout the shift (including overtime).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Has some knowledge of Piping System.
- Must be able to properly set up brazing/cutting equipment onboard a ship.
- Able to operate basic equipment, grinders /sawzall.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of ship repair experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to speak and understand Basic English.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.