- study building plans and architectural drawings.
- select building materials.
- measure and cut materials to the right size and shape.
- construct building frames and install cladding on the inside and outside of buildings.
- Must have 3-5 years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a Carpenter
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology, blueprint reading, measurements, and the ability to interpret job specifications and drawings.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.