- Installs and repairs wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard vessels and in the facility.
- Follows blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Installs conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws and threads wires through conduit to terminals such as connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators and switch panels.
- Connects power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, fire control and other electronic equipment.
- Tests electrical characteristics, such as voltage, resistance and phase angle I circuits using meters and indicators.
- May construct and install instrument panels, using hand tools, rulers, dividers and power drills, following specifications.
- Knowledge of blueprints and drawings or schematics required
- Prior experience, as an electrician is required with experience in an industrial or shipyard environment 5 years is required
- Must know the marine color code
- 5 yrs Shipyard Experience
- Able to start work immediately
- Pass Pre-employment drug testing