Responsible for the planning, layout, setup, operating and making tool adjustments for a variety of major conventional or automatic machines. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. Checks and inspects and builds machining operations against specified tolerances. May include work with fabrication, sheet metal operations, or machine hardware and assemblies. May also make recommendations concerning use of and improvement upon materials and design.
- Skilled Manual Machinist with High tolerance precision machining.
- Shim Cutting.
- Proficient in Lathe work.
- Perform jobs from start to finish following drawings.
- Experience or willingness to learn a 3-axis capable Acu-rite control Milling machine.
- Aerospace experience desired.
- High School Diploma
- 6 years of relevant experience.