Ameri-Force is seeking Production Welders to support our valued customers in Eastern Iowa in achieving their production objectives.
- Welders will be responsible for operating and maintaining welding tools and equipment under the direction of the Welding Supervisor.
- Candidates who produce quality, safe and efficient work, a high level of reliability, and an excellent attitude will have the opportunity to be considered for permanent employment within the different organizations that we support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Layout, position, align and fit components into welding fixture as instructed.
- Use basic understanding of blueprints and welding symbols to complete job assignment.
- Setup gas-shield MIG-welder and weld parts to job specifications.
- Use hand tools, clamps, and grinders to perform job tasks.
- Complete basic maintenance on welding equipment.
- Perform all housekeeping duties.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- General plant, welding area; safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection required.
- Additional welding safety attire necessary.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Standing majority of shift.
- Mobility to move within department/plant as assigned.
- Frequent lifting up to 60 lbs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Good mathematical skills and ability to read tape measure and blue prints.
- Must have demonstrated skill level of wire feed (M.I.G.) welding.
- Able to use an oxygen/acetylene cutting torch.
- Ability to read and understand work order routings and instructions.
- Ability to lay out parts using weld fixture.
- Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Candidates must have verifiable employment history in similar positions.
- Candidates must have a clean background to be considered for employment.