- Pipefitters are assigned layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of new construction.
- New construction of ships' piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust etc. are accomplished utilizing work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and marine blueprints.
- Necessary fabrication abilities include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment.
- Additional tasks associated with this position are the strain free of pumps and miscellaneous ship equipment as well as blanking, pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing) and unblinking of the same.
- Performs related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- 7-10 years total pipefitting exp ; 2-4 years preferred in shipbuilding.
- Proficient in fabrication, installation and testing marine piping systems.
- Long term position new construction of military vessels.
- Ability to understand, perform and certify in silver, copper and bronze brazing.
- Must be able to mirror braze.
- Must be able to read and interpret marine piping blueprints and military specifications.
- Test is given in 3G position restricted in a 12 x 12 box.
- Able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Must have own tools.
- Must pass background and pre employment drug screening.
- OSHA 10 Maritime is a plus .
- US citizenship required.