Under the direction of the Brush Dept. Supervisor and/or the Group Leader, the Brush Operator is responsible to operate and maintain winding machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Set-up and operate winding machine per job specifications.
- Notify internal suppliers of materials shortages, or quality problems and work together to solve the problem.
- Perform all housekeeping duties.
- Facilitate communication with non-English speaking employees.
- Check, package and label production.
- Monitor and adjust machine for necessary quality changes.
- Record and report daily production.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machine when scheduled and provide trouble-shooting information related to machine malfunctions. Fix minor mechanical breakdowns or notify proper people for major repairs or problems.
- Perform monthly maintenance on the winding machines.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures.
- Perform all other duties, as required.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
- Long periods of standing and walking can also be expected in this position.
- Use of basic tools and equipment.
- Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Good attendance.
- Ability to use basic math to analyze information and measuring equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work with close tolerances.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction and written processes.
- Problem Solving Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.