Basic Purpose and Objective:
- Perform hand and automated assemblies, or by use of assembly machinery and aids, engages in repetitive assembly activities.
- Visually monitor assembly for improper assembly and defective parts.
- Works toward identified production standards.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Reading and comprehending instructions and following established procedures.
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Hand assembles parts or places part in assembly machinery.
- Able to meet daily and weekly production rates at or above 90% target.
- Visually recognizes defective or malformed parts.
- Moves full cartons away from assembly area and replaces with empty cartons.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the SEF Quality System.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and write in order to follow quality assembly instructions and related postings.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Completes quality documentation.
- Sorts product as needed.
- Troubleshoots and fixes minor machine faults.