The operator will be responsible for learning the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards. This CNC position involves performing the operation of CNC equipment under some supervision.
- Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices.
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts.
- Performs all other duties as requested by Supervisor or Leadperson.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Maintain clean, orderly work area
- Operate machinery as needed, which will include feeding machines, emptying pans, inspecting/gaging parts, making minor mechanical adjustments.
- Where applicable, learn to perform minor machine set-up skills; including, but not limited to, tooling changes and first piece inspection.
- Record data for SPC, IATF16949 documentation.
- Ability to visualize and understand the manufacturing process.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to legibly complete sign-offs and record data for IATF16949 requirements.
- Must possess the ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and practices.
- Knowledge in ISO14001 requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Education/training in basic math for blueprint reading, gaging, SPC.
- Ability to learn computer operation/data entry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to learn machine operation skills and develop an understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to identify basic problems.
- Previous CNC manufacturing experience.
- Previous CNC machine set-up/operating experience.
- Knowledge of G codes and M codes.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Previous machine set-up/operating experience.
- Ability to read gages, micrometers and blue prints.
- Forklift operation/material-handling experience.
- Computer literate.