Basic Purpose and Objective:
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, operates one or more slide forming machines to automatically shape parts to blueprint specifications and set-up charts.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lines and bolts forming tools and dies into machine.
- Maintains housekeeping in the fourslide area.
- Moves stock to and from machine location.
- Grease and lubricate machine and ensure stock lubrication is adequately filled.
- Threads stock through stock straighteners and adjusts cams to synchronize action of slides that feed cut off, and form part.
- Starts machine and observes operation periodically gauging and checking parts for conformance to specifications.
- Readjusts machine to achieve specified product dimensions.
- Removes, replaces bins of formed parts when specified number have been produced.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Perform the four operations with like common and decimal fractions.
- Compute ratio, rate, and percent.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.