- Inventory Planning/Authorization
- Determine production requirements by reviewing sales demand to current secondary Work In Process (WIP)
- Daily, make QAD maintenance entries as needed to remove leftover order balances.
- Communicate with Planner/Scheduler and Buyer for meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Review inventory and production orders to meet customer delivery requirements while promoting manufacturing efficiencies.
- For assigned manufactured products, determine customer promise dates, monitor production progress and identify potential delivery issues and works closely with Manufacturing, Planner/Scheduler, Purchasing, and Customer Service to resolve the issues.
- Schedule non-heading operations.
- Promptly assess customer delivery requests and determine best promise date commitment.
- Advise Supervisor when not able to make promise date commitments within standard lead time.
- Monitor production progress and identify potential late shipments in advance.
- Advise Customer Service Representatives of re-promise dates when original promise date will not be met.
- Determine order start and due dates.
- Review Dispatch Report to determine priorities and communicate to manufacturing team.
Delivery Problem Resolution:
- Address potential and actual delivery problems through effective communications and teamwork involving the following areas.
- Determine outside operation time requirements.
- Customer demand requirements.
- Review line down response plan determining best ship date.
- Production issues and analyze need for manufacturing overtime requirements.
- Product disposition status.
- Advise with appropriate communication of unresolved delivery problems.
- Attend team meetings and actively participate and follow team guidelines.
- Assist and communicate effectively with co-workers and all levels, as needed.
- Work cooperatively to meet facilities’ and team objectives.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Ensure work area is neat and orderly.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Follow all established company safety procedures and report unsafe hazards or violations to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Good organizational skills.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Good math skills, ability to do quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated proficient keyboard ability.
- Knowledge of IATF16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
- Personal computer experience.
- Knowledge of Production/Inventory Management procedures.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process and manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of fastener manufacturing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing-related ERP systems.