- Provide prompt, accurate documentation of machine, material, or tooling problems to appropriate functional area for resolution.
- Maintain records as required from proper execution of responsibility.
- Ensure that machines are running at optimum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot machine, mold and/or material problems.
- Responsible for optimizing machine parameters to produce high quality parts in the most economical manner.
- Report any difficulties or problems requiring special attention to the process engineer.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the department.
- Works toward resolving problems systematically using appropriate problem-solving tools and techniques, i.e., DOE, capability studies, etc.
- Take a proactive approach to insure working/processing environment meets level of expectations always and reports discrepancies, i.e. housekeeping, machine condition, material, tooling and personal competence..
- Must have three (3) years of experience in mold set-up, troubleshooting, exposure to maintenance problems, and is familiar with state-of-the-art controls.
- At least one (1) year of experience with plastic material properties/processes.
- High School diploma.