Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker
- Read and interpret routine blueprints.
- Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Maintenance for cold header tooling.
- Work with cold header operators, engineering and production to support customer’s needs and lead times.
- Set up and operate tools such as lathes, milling machines, shaper and grinder to machine parts and verifies conformance of machines parts to specifications.
- Fit and assemble jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Sets up runs off and test dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting them.
- Lapping, grinding, fitting, and finishing dies
- Maintain Cleanliness and organization in the tool room.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High school graduate, trade school or apprenticeship preferred.
- 5 year minimum experience working with carbide and tool steel
- Ability to make carbide trap and extrusion dies.
- Able to read and understand production prints and tolerances.
- Computer experience required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routings, use shop math, and use various hand held measuring tools.
- General Safety.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Quality System Awareness.
- Continuously lift up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently lift 11- 50 lbs.
- Frequently bends, twists & turns, reach lower than knee, push and pull, squat and kneel.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stands through 8 hour shift.